Attic Mold Removal in Allerton IA 50008
Allerton Mold Remediation Company - Serving Allerton and surrounding areas. Highly trusted for over 15 years!Call Now! (888) 359-2380
For a FREE Quote - CALL (888) 359-2380
The damp nature of attics provides an ideal environment for molds to thrive. There are many types of molds that grow in the attic. The most common ones are: allergenic molds. These ones tend to irritate the sinuses or respiratory system when you inhale them in moderate or large amounts.
There are also pathogenic molds that affect people suffering from AIDS and other autoimmune disorders.
Mycotoxic molds are also present and they are the most dangerous. These ones attack the immune system thus compromising your body defense.
Effects of Attic Mold in Allerton IA 50008
The effects depend on the type of mold that is in your attic. For example, if your attic has allergenic molds, you are bound to experience allergies. Some of the signs that you will experience include: coughing, headaches, fatigue, sneezing, and sore throat.
If your attic has mycotoxic mold, you can have mental confusion, brain damage, brain damage, swelling, and joint pain.
How to Remove Attic Mold
To avoid the effects you should get rid of molds from the attic. You should start by wearing protective clothes such as mask, gloves, and goggles. These clothes will prevent you from inhaling the mold in Allerton IA 50008. They will also ensure that you don’t have constant skin contact with mold.
After doing this you should go ahead and remove the surface mold. The best tool to use is a paint scraper. You should then pour Pine-sol cleanser into your pail and then soak your sponge in the solution. For ideal results you should use full strength Pine-sol.
You should wipe all the areas that had come into contact with the mold. The cool thing of using the sponge is that it allows the cleanser to easily penetrate rafters and get access to the spores that might be hiding in the crevices.
When the entire place is clean you should set the dehumidifier to high and leave it on for three days. The purpose of leaving the dehumidifier on is to remove excess moisture in the attic thus killing all the mold that might be remaining.
This is what you need to know about attic mold. For ideal results you should kill mold during the dry days. This is to ensure that there’s low humidity in the attic.
To ensure that you are safe you should ensure that the attic in Allerton IA 50008 is well-ventilated. This calls for you to open all the vents, windows and doors.